Having helped hire over 12,000 people, Ken Lazar from Ability Professional Network knows a thing or two about both sides of the hiring process – both from the recruiting/company end and from the new employee looking to come on board.
In this episode, he shares his tips and advice for the priorities of a new salesperson when they get hired and other factors that goes into being a successful salesperson.
- The starting point of recruiting, sales and marketing is knowing who your ideal prospect/candidate is
- Salespeople – finding the right fit for your company culture
- Finding top salespeople in this job market
- Difficulty in the supply and demand issue to hiring candidates
[E200] Sales Recruiting with Ken Lazar – Part 1 of 4
- Why “Hire Slow, Fire Fast” might not be right for your organization
- Are you making your hiring process too painful?
- Making the interview process similar to the role/sales process
[E201] Sales Recruiting with Ken Lazar – Part 2 of 4
- Advice for salespeople looking to get hired
- Leveraging social media to get recruited
- Asking the client “what are you going to do in the first 90 day?”
[E202] Sales Recruiting with Ken Lazar – Part 3 of 4
- Top 3 priorities once you get hired for that new sales role
- Every successful salesperson must act like an “Owner”
- Using an outside recruiter agency cost less than recruiting on your own